We’ve already talked about Signature Kitchen Suite’s True to Food Commitment and it’s focus on a Technicurean client but there’s another aspect to this exciting new brand: A true investment in relationships with designers which runs from unparalleled customer to service to a desire to elevate design professionals in their own business. That last part is important because this is where Signature Kitchen Suite allowed us to leave wine, fine food and great technology behind and focus on several hot business topics that most design professionals care about: Design business strategists Leslie Carothers, LuAnn Nigara and Claire Jefford as well as blogging and Pinterest expert Carla Aston were on site to talk about creating passive income, developing business processes, using video for your business and leveraging Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog. Have a look below for highlights!
So what were the key takeaways from Modenus Talks? Each speaker brought to the table vital information to elevate your interior design business, drive traffic to your website or blog, integrate video in your website and social platforms and…make money while you sleep. We’re all about that!
- Use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website and/or blog. Carla Aston, arguably the Queen of Pinterest in the Design Industry shared key tips and points on best practices for Pinterest to maximize its traffic driving potential. A few key pointers?
- Pinterest is not a social platform, it’s a search engine. Use it like one!
- Create rich pins that include what the image speaks too (be obvious!) and tag your images with keyword rich words.
- For more information on how to leverage Pinterest for your business be sure to purchase Carla’s incredibly insightful presentation here.
- Design business coach LuAnn Nigara, apart from sharing all of her energy, (we’re serious, Who needs coffee when they can have Luann?) offered crucial business points in “Waking Up Your Process” to create strong leadership and purpose within your business. One of the most standout points we appreciated was creating systems for your business.
- Take the time to put processes in place so that your place of business can function on autopilot. Luann is so motivating, we came back to Modenus headquarters and our processes now have processes.
- Learn more about how to create long-term success and profitability for your company on LuAnn’s website and absolutely listen to the woman’s podcast .
- Brand and passive income strategist and social media powerhouse, Leslie Carothers shared a presentation all about passive income which means you want to make money when you’re not working. It is really important to think about passive income as a way to enhance your revenue stream as a designer and leveraging your online visibility and your design knowledge is the key to doing that. Learn more and connect with Leslie at The Kaleidoscope Partnership or Savour Partnership.
- Last but not least, don’t forget about video in your business development! Interior Decorator, Business Coach and Vlogger Claire Jefford shared how you can integrate video into your social media marketing strategy for your business to reach more clients and draw brand awareness. You’ll find Claire at her website or on YouTube
We can’t thank our guest speakers enough for sharing their invaluable and extensive expertise on optimizing design or really most types of business And a big thank you to Signature Kitchen Suite for hosting this workshop, being a part of the conversation and hearing our community of designers share their business insights.