It’s the holidays! Time to connect with family and friends. Time to relax and gather energy for the year ahead. And likely time to catch up on a few things at the office to get a fresh, clean start into the New Year. While you’re at it, have a look at what we’ve created at Modenus and see if maybe you shouldn’t consider joining our ever growing community. We can’t talk about the 2011 features we’ve got in store just yet, but we can give you a recap of what’s available to you now and what you have to do to benefit from the many features that are available to you.
Our curated catalog. Many of you are using the Modenus catalog already on a regular basis but be sure to check back often, we’re adding new products from the US, Canada, the UK and Europe on a regular basis and are bound to surprise you and spark your imagination with some of our finds. If there are certain product lines you’d like to see on Modenus, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Be sure to submit the Trade Status Application on your dashboard. Manufacturers can opt to show trade pricing, lead times and other information, all of which is only visible to registered and logged in, verified professionals. Hope you understand but we’re doing what we can to protect your professional status. You work too hard for us to ignore that.
The Modenus Project Manager. We’ve written about it before in great detail but here’s the gist of it.
- You can save products from the Modenus catalog or upload images of products you already have selected through other sources.
- You can set up entire projects, complete with contact information, photos, floor plans and everything else you need for quick reference
- You can assign products to one or more spaces and specify them in great detail, ready for client approval and ordering
- And because it’s not always fun alone you can do all that with all of your team mates and even your clients. You decide who’s allowed to do what, but all can have access and even get a list of to-do’s sent via email.
The Project Manager is a free tool to make your project admin just a little bit easier.
The Designer Directory. It’s really only to the Trade, so you must submit the trade pro application that you’ll find on your dashboard once you’ve registered. Your public profile will automatically be listed in our designer directory once we’ve approved your trade professional status. Users can find you by zip code and see a random selection of your portfolio images on the community page.
Discussion Forums. There are two; an Open Forum that is accessible to every site user, which is a great place to answer consumer questions and connect with homeowners, and the other is our Exclusive Professional Forum, which is only visible to approved trade and a great place for you to connect with peers and talk business straight up.
Would you like to get involved in building our community? Get in touch to:
- Apply as a guest blogger for our popular blog section. If you have a distinct area of expertise you’d think would be of value to our readers, get in touch. We are always looking for fresh, original content in the fields of interior design, kitchen & bath design, green design, travel & design or architecture.
- Strutt your stuff and submit your best work at email@example.com
- Let us know if you’re going to be attending a design event in your area you’d like to see featured on Modenus At Large, our live trade show and event feed.
- And finally feel free to submit cool products or design ideas you’ve come across; let us know of favorite manufacturers you’d like to see on Modenus or topics you’d like to see discussed in out forums.