There are a handful chats on Twitter that we really enjoy following for their educational and social value. If you’ve never participated in a chat, it’s really quite easy, we’ve listed the most important steps at the bottom of this post. One of our favorite chats is #kbtribechat which is held every Wednesday from 2 to 3 pm EST. During this hour, kitchen and bath industry professionals get together to discuss a different issue every week. The chat is always informative and fun with to the trade discussion topics changing weekly. Last week’s topic was social media and the one hour only scratched the surface of this important topic so we have offered to continue the conversation here on Modenus and also via our LinkedIn group. We’d love to hear your input and hope we can pick up the conversation on another #kbtribechat in more detail.
Before we get started, we would like to thank Stacy Garcia and the team from KBtribechat for the opportunity to host this conversation.
Here are last week’s chat questions, but if you have other questions pertaining to social media please post them in comments.
1. What is your favorite Social Media Platform?
2.How do you find your clients on Social Media?
3. Do you use any add-on’s or widgets – like Tweet automators or FB post schedulers?
4. How much time do you spend on Social Media each day?
5. What is the main purpose of Social Media for your business? Is it a marketing tool, communications center, or something else entirely?
6. How is Social Media working for you? Are you getting any kind of ROI from it?
7. Do you handle your own posts, pages, etc? or do you have a staff member or outside company do it for you?
8. Are all of your Social Media Platforms branded to match your website? Do you think that’s important?
9. What are your favorite and least favorite things about social media?
A few guidelines for participating in a chat:
1. If you don’t have one yet, get a Twitter account. It’s ok you can admit it here, we won’t judge you (very much).
2. Run a search for the chats name or keyword on Twitter or on your preferred Twitter client.
3. A few of our favorites for interior design and kitchen&bath design are #kbtribechat (Wednesdays from 2-3pm EST) #intdesignerchat (Tuesdays from 6-7pm EST) #designtv (Mondays from 5-6pm EST)
4. You can follow along by using the hashtag as a search or, easier, you can log into http://tweetchat.com/ and search for the chat’s name there and follow along or post in real time.
5. It’s a good idea with the chats to follow other people in the chat so you can connect with them later and introduce yourself properly